ICT Academy, a not for profit Non-Governmental Organization will be implementing the High Performers – ICT Workforce Development programme for high performing and vulnerable youths. The main purpose for this is to provide IT Workforce training leading to successful job placements for 20 high performing but vulnerable youths who face societal barriers and lack of resources, and could not afford IT post-secondary traditional education methods.
• Empower high-performing youths who could not afford college education.
• Provide In-demand technology skills training for youths.
• Create jobs opportunity for vulnerable youths.
• Provide qualified professionals in technology for local and international organizations in Sierra Leone.
• Improve economic situation for vulnerable families.
• Support Career Advisory and Placement Services for youths
• Investment in youth to harness the demographic dividend
The youths of Sierra Leone are most threatened by unemployment and the lack of opportunities to participate in the economic and social life of their country. The fact is that the majority of youths in Sierra Leone are not engaged in meaningful and productive activity.
Most of today’s youths lost the opportunity to go to school. Some were fortunate but could not go further because of a lack of support, where they might have gotten the necessary requisite knowledge and skills to be employed, but they were left self-employed or unemployable. In fact for the majority of youths in Sierra Leone, who are not fortunate enough to access vocational skills training or informal education end up on the street as bike riders.
Many efforts have been put in place to address youth unemployment, in the end, the problem is still with us and still growing.
Key challenges to solving these problems include unemployment due to inappropriate skills; lack of access to quality education; low investment in technical vocational education:
Our vision is to upskill the Sierra Leone workforce with affordable IT training. It is through these efforts that we can build a promising economic outlook for the country. Our mission is to use this training program to transform participants into outstanding professionals that can compete in a global marketplace with anyone having similar career backgrounds.
We are targeting to empower 20 young people who meet all the criteria below to be self-reliant and contribute to national development.
• Male or Female aged between 18 and 30
• Youths with a proven record of accomplishment of high academic performance in junior and senior secondary school but lack the affordability to attain formal or informal education.
• Youths who have successfully completed senior WASCE or GCE ‘O’ Levels with a passing grade in English and Math.
• Must reside in Freetown
• Must not be enrolled in college or a graduate
Please provide as much information as possible on the online application. Once your application is submitted, you will not be able to make changes